Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Raanan Katz: How To Spell, Don't Ask Me

This Raanan Katz, Miami Heat and RK Centers owner, publicly available deposition speaks for itself. Deposition of Raanan Katz was taken in his alleged copyright  case related to his "ugly picture". Enjoy!!!

RAANAN KATZ


In this part Raanan Katz admits "how much he paid" for allegedly purchased copyright work. Let's not forget that copyright means an intellectual, original works, no matter what Raanan Katz wishes...

"Raanan Katz: Okay. I -- no, again, I you know withdraw -- I offered him again a few dollars, he refuses to -refused to take it.
Attorney: You offered him a few dollars?
Raanan Katz: Yeah, only $500 to be exact, only $500 dollars. He said, "Raanan, I know that I caused you a damage, I apologize 100 times, you know. I'll send it to you -I  send it to you and I'll make sure that an act like this will ever happen again."
Attorney: Okay. Did you give him $500?
Raanan Katz: No, I said no. He refused to take it.
Attorney: Okay. Did you do that offer over the phone?
Raanan Katz: Yes.
Attorney: Did you ever email him an offer in writing?
Raanan Katz: No.
Attorney: Okay. It was only over the phone?
Raanan Katz: Only documents -- all these documents are drawn by Michael Chesal.
Attorney: All the documents are done by Michael Chesal?
Raanan Katz: You know, this only document or this only document was done -- was done by, there is no any other documents.
Attorney: It was prepared by your attorneys.
Raanan Katz: Yes.
Yeah, the guy named Johav Borowski.
Attorney: Johav Borowski?
Raanan Katz: Johav; how to spell, don't ask me.
Attorney: Okay. But he is the -- he doesn't list his name,
It just says Haaretz sports staff, on its article
Raanan Katz: Yeah, yeah.
Attorney: But that's who you believe is the author of the article?
Raanan Katz: Yes, that I believe.
Attorney: Okay. And though he and Mr. Magriso told you that that article was now removed from the Haaretz Newspaper and online edition?
Raanan Katz: Yes.
Attorney: Okay. Yet it's still on their website at least as of August 2nd, 2012 as shown in Exhibit 9?
Raanan Katz: Well, I -- I cannot tell you.
Attorney: Okay.
Raanan Katz: We were disappointed with this.
Attorney: Did you ever send any written demand to the Haaretz magazine to take it down?
Raanan Katz: No.
Attorney: Okay. Do you know how Haaretz ever got the image in the first place?
Raanan Katz: Just as testified before, Mr. Magriso took same picture in Jerusalem while I was falling off -- you I don't remember.
Attorney: Okay. And is it your intent to have a registration in the U.S. for your copyright for your image?
MR. KLUGER: Object to the form.
Raanan Katz: There is no need to do if she stops those -- this baloney what she is doing. As long -- as long when this -- this my case should be over, I don't need to do it -- I don't need to do it. Only reason we try to do it to make sure that -- that your client will stop using this nonsense, okay. And maybe you can or maybe you can put together, understand why should you explain her to stop this nonsense, because it doesn't do any good to anybody whatsoever. You know it, both they know it, she knows it and all my attorneys knows it.
Attorney: Okay. That was not responsive. Let's try the question again.
Raanan Katz: It's very responsive. Okay.
Attorney: Is it your intent to register this image with the U.S. copyright office?
Raanan Katz: I don't know what -- whatever my attorney will -will advise me that's what I'm going to do..."
RAANAN KATZ


I really like this Raanan Katz answer...

"Attorney: Okay. Are you aware that you stopped suing Google as well?
Raanan Katz: I am not that familiar about the dates. So, I cannot tell you exactly when and how. Only I tell you that nobody here is familiar about this atrocity case whatever it is and then -- and then, you know, again everyone tried to find what the right way because nobody understood how far your client will go this kind of nonsense and also this has surprised everybody. As I told you, she should get a life...

Attorney:Okay. And after number 4 there is a sentence that says, "All of these articles have the picture with my tongue out like Michael Jordan used to do when he drove to the basket."
Raanan Katz: Yes.
Attorney: Right?
Raanan Katz: Yes.
Attorney: Was it terrible that Michael Jordan had his tongue sticking out?
Raanan Katz: Obviously, this was not, but Michael Jordan has tongue sticking out only when he drive to the basket. This was his gesture but not for me I don't stand like a yoyo and had put my tongue out because anybody stand with the tongue out all the time go to, you know, to ame yaya.
Attorney: So it's a signature image tor Michael Jordan one of the most iconic basketball players in the entire world -
Raanan Katz: Uh-huh.
Attorney: But if you stick your tongue out it's a terrible horrible image?
Raanan Katz: Na, no, na, see now you don't -- now you try to trick me. Michael Jordan had his tongue out only sometimes when he drive to the basket, okay. That's a beautiful move, you know, he is not -- I bet he is the second best player because LeBron James is better than him (my comment: at this time I thought he would say his name, but...)-- better than him okay than he was. However, I know - however, it's a different story but Michael did never ever, ever stood in any place with those people and put his tongue out, okay. So you see you are trying to confuse it completely in a -- completely out. I was, I was falling off the steps there and I was
trying to hold myself and that why the tongue out and the photographer made a joke, all right. Your client took the joke and tried to fight me an this. Do you know how much time and money we spend an this? I just hope she paid you and does she pay your legal fee for, you know, tor all these atrocity?
Attorney: My deposition tor you, not your deposition tor me."
Complete details of Raanan Katz case can be downloaded on the federal court website.

No comments:

Post a Comment